Once we have found you your home, your solicitor will begin the legal process on your behalf, but if you don’t have a solicitor, we can introduce you to an independent company that has a proven reputation over many years.
- The first step of the process is to sign a private purchase contract between yourself, the buyer and the seller and leave a holding deposit, which is normally 3.000€.
- The contract will include a full description of the two parties and a full description of the property inscription number in the land registry.
- Price of the property and stage payments in the case of a new property.
Your lawyer will carry out a land registry search to verify that everything stated in the contract was true.
- Establish the current ownership.
- Check that the property is free of debts and charges.
- In the case of a new property, building permissions.
If it will not be possible for you to be in Spain on the completion date, we would recommend that you give your solicitor power of attorney in order for the completion to be carried out without the need for you to be present.
Step by step